By Douglas Crockford
- Regular expressions
- Beautiful features
By Aaron Gustafson
"Adaptive website design not just presents the clearest, most lovely rationalization of innovative enhancement I've ever learn, it's additionally packed packed with functional information pumped at once into your neocortex via Aaron's hot and pleasant writing kind. when you aren't already utilizing innovative enhancement to construct web pages, you quickly will be." --Jeremy Keith, writer, HTML5 for net Designers
"Finally. revolutionary enhancement defined with an ideal stability of idea and perform. Aaron's take-aways may have you progressively-enhancing your markup, sort and behaviour with ease." --Dan Cederholm, writer, CSS3 For net Designers
"With this forward-thinking publication Aaron exhibits us that anybody can produce obtainable, attractive internet reviews with no sacrificing their objectives. via innovative enhancement, he'll enable you carry designs to existence with no compromising the integrity of content material. I've been studying from Aaron for a few years, and recommend you do the same." --Simon Collison, Co-author, CSS Mastery
"You pay attention the time period 'Progressive Enhancement' bandied approximately as a very good factor, and it totally is. besides the fact that, few assets conceal the breadth of the subject in addition to this booklet does. Adaptive website design contains the very best and broadest insurance in an easy-to-read and well-structured book." --Jonathan Snook, Co-author, The paintings and technology of CSS
By Nicholas C. Zakas
- The distinction among primitive and reference values
- The a variety of how you can create objects
- How to outline your personal constructors
- How to paintings with and comprehend prototypes
- Inheritance styles for varieties and objects
By Craig Riecke, Rawld Gill
The final couple of years have noticeable large adjustments in server-side internet programming. Now it is the client's flip; Dojo is the toolkit to make it take place and studying Dojo indicates you how.
In Mastering Dojo, you will get the full tale, from uncomplicated utilization to complicated idioms. getting to know Dojo starts off out with a quick relocating educational that might provide you with recommendations that you should begin utilizing instantly. you will study all approximately Dojo Core--the starting place on which all issues Dojo stand. See how one can modularize your undertaking for improvement and instantly package deal your free up for optimum obtain functionality. you will additionally learn the way Dojo:
you are going to love utilizing Dojo's HTML consumer interface keep watch over widget method, Dijit. See how one can use over forty widgets, together with the wealthy but easy-to-use tree and grid controls.
ultimately, you will get an in-depth examine the way to layout and construct a single-page, wealthy net Application.
By Scott Preston
- Discover suggestions for iOS usability in addition to functionality
- Dig into good points like pictures, animation, or even geolocation
Learn to take advantage of Express.js pragmatically through growing 5 enjoyable and strong real-world APIs, with an advantage bankruptcy on Koa.js
About This Book
- Develop scalable APIs utilizing the Express.js framework for Node.js
- Be extra efficient through studying approximately Express.js intricacies and its assisting libraries
- Get to grips with coding top practices and Test-Driven improvement to create real-world purposes utilizing Express.js
Who This ebook Is For
This booklet is for novices to Node.js and likewise when you are technically complex. via the tip of this publication, each useful developer may have completed services in development internet purposes with Express.js.
What you'll Learn
- Set up the Express.js framework with a uncomplicated scaffold
- Model info utilizing Mongoose and construct a CRUD API to shop the knowledge in a database
- Use delivers to prevent callback hell in Node.js
- Address scalability matters and take care of race conditions
- Apply test-driven improvement (TDD) by utilizing Mocha to jot down exams on your apps
- Get conversant in service-oriented structure (SOA)
- Integrate Socket.IO and dynamically push updates to the client
- Write Node.js APIs by means of leveraging generator features utilizing Koa.js
The publication covers quite a few types of functions, every one with a various set of demanding situations. you are going to begin with the fundamentals corresponding to website hosting static content material and person authentication and paintings your method as much as growing real-time, multiplayer on-line video games utilizing a mix of HTTP and Socket.IO. subsequent, you are going to examine the rules of SOA in Node.js and spot them used to construct a pairing as a carrier. If that isn't sufficient, we are going to construct a CRUD backend to put up hyperlinks and upvote with Koa.js!
By David Mark Clements
About This Book
- Work with JSON, XML, internet sockets to utilize asynchronous programming
- Extensive code samples overlaying show four and Socket.IO
- Learn find out how to method facts with streams and create really expert streams
- Packed with functional recipes taking you from the fundamentals to extending Node along with your personal modules
Who This publication Is For
What you'll Learn
- Create other forms of servers
- Manipulate every kind of data
- Interface with numerous databases
- Use streams for effective, robust facts shuffling
- Create real-time apps
- Create command-line apps
- Write and post your personal modules
- Work with the explicit framework
- Get to grips with the module ecosystem
- Explore with exterior distant APIs
- Learn quite a few safety, encryption, and authentication techniques
Beginning with making your personal net server, the recipes are designed to permit soft development via Node that allows you to assist you layout complete internet purposes, command-line purposes, and Node modules.
There's additionally wide insurance on utilizing well known frameworks corresponding to convey four and Socket.IO, writing your personal Node modules and other ways to take your apps live.
By Jon Raasch
- Expert writer offers an in-depth instructional exhibiting the way to construct a real-world app that's loosely coupled, with every one part equipped to exist separately
By Nicholas C. Zakas
Author Nicholas Zakas assembled this selection of most sensible practices as a front-end tech chief at Yahoo!, after finishing his personal trip from solo hacker to staff participant. He additionally comprises ideas suggested by means of different professionals. Use the following pointers and methods to assist your crew put aside person personal tastes and serve as at the next level.
- Establish particular code conventions in your team
- Use instruments resembling JSLint and JSHint to maintain your staff on track
- Adopt sort instructions, akin to simple formatting, to assist your group produce uniform code
- Apply numerous programming practices to unravel difficulties and enhance code quality
By Juho Vepsäläinen
Facebook's React powers an expanding quantity of web sites. there's a solid reason behind this. It simplifies frontend improvement vastly. mixed with Webpack, a bundling software, you've gotten a strong frontend improvement atmosphere on your hands.
SurviveJS - Webpack and React indicates you the way to construct an easy Kanban program according to those applied sciences. in the course of the technique you are going to research to:
Set up a Webpack established improvement and construction surroundings. you are going to learn how to get so much out of babel-plugin-hot-transform and Babel for development.
Improve the standard of your code through the use of ESLint and buddies to identify attainable error earlier.
Get into the React attitude whereas studying the fundamentals of Alt, an implementation of the Flux program Architecture.
Style your React program in a number of rising ways.
Implement drag and drop in your program utilizing React DnD.